Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bottom and Cabin Sides Cut Out

The other night I cut out the three pieces that will be for the bottom of the boat, as well as the 1/4" cabin sides. I began to mark out the pieces that will be the seats on the plywood, but will cut them out tonight. The seat boxes on the plans show that the inside space will be completely closed off, but I am going to go a little different route and make those areas usable storage space. I will use some Douglas Fir I have from the transom jig to strengthen the seat boxes up, and cut out holes in the forward face of the seat box. Those spaces will be big enough to put some fishing items in, or maybe a small cooler for the drinks!
The bottom will be scarfed together to become one piece. The plans show you can butt them together and use epoxy and fiberglass tape, but I don't think that would be near as strong as the scarfs will be.
I will put the pictures of the cut out pieces on here later. Nothing to show right now but some pieces of plywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment