Thursday, May 6, 2010

Transom Epoxied Together


Tonight I epoxied the transom together. As I got about a third of the way through putting the epoxy on, I ran out of my original hardener that I was using. I already had a small can of what I thought was new hardener, but it turns out it was pretty old, and I don't know how old. I didn't have a choice but to continue using what I had. I put two layers of epoxy on all pieces, as it just soaks into the plywood.
I lined up the plywood, putting the screws in to line everything back up. Then I put the transom pieces back in the jig. As you can see from the photo, I used 43 clamps of different types. I also used several screws to make sure the middle part is tight.
I will now let it set up for a day to see if the epoxy is any good. If not, I will have to buy more plywood and epoxy and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment