Monday, March 19, 2012

Finally Back To Work; Rub Rails and Gunwhales




Today, I finally got back to work on the tug, building the rub rails and the gunwhales for both sides and fitting them to the sides. I then took them back off and put a 1/2" roundover on each upper and lower outside edge. I used #6 x 3/4" stainless steel screws which I will leave in the gunwhales and rub rails when they are epoxied on later. The rub rails also have a stainless steel carriage bolt in the front end, which goes through it and the hull itself with a washer and nut on the inside.
I will also need to trim each end and smooth out the rounded edges before they go on. I was thinking about fiberglassing them, but I still haven't really decided on it for sure. I don't know if there would be much of a benefit, other than abrasion protection with the added fiberglass.
7 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment