Monday, March 26, 2012

Hull Sides, Rub Rails and Gunwhales Sanded and Epoxied Twice




Yesterday and Today, I sanded down the filled areas and applied a layer of epoxy and let it cure. Then I sanded it down again with 220 and 150 grit sand paper by hand and with a orbital sander and epoxied it again. I think one more layer should seal everything fine before sanding and painting the entire outer hull.
I also epoxied the battery box holder to seal it a little better.
Yesterday, I also began building the Harbor Freight trailer I will be using for this boat. I am first going to sand down every piece and repaint them with Rust-Oleum Industrial Smoke Gray. Then I will assemble it with stainless steel fasteners instead of the steel fasteners they provide. I am also adding a long tube for extending the tongue, so I had to buy a new coupler for the 2" x 3" steel tube, opting for the 3500 GVW version as it is much stronger.
10 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment