Saturday, June 30, 2012

Window Frames Painted Black; Outboard Johnson










Today was spent drilling the window frames to the cabin sides, then I painted them black for the first coat.
I also got the 25 HP Johnson outboard up on a sawhorse and cleaned the entire motor and put a new water impeller inside of it. The entire cowling had dried tape on it for some reason when I bought it and it also had a red overspray on it. Both of those things had to be carefully removed with a razor blade and 409. Without the 409, it wouldn't come off! It now looks pretty good compared to what it looked like before.
I also hooked up the controls to the motor and hooked up the battery from my truck to the motor with jumper cables and double checked that it will run the starter. It worked fine. I didn't have gas to run the motor yet.
7.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment