Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Starting with the Stem


Last night I cut the White Oak plank to size with my table saw and laminated two pieces together to make the 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 39" stem. As you can see in the picture, I used several clamping blocks and epoxy to clamp the stem pieces together. The plastic was used to make sure the clamping blocks and the stem were not epoxied together.
I will be using West System Epoxy and Hardener for the entire project. I have looked at the MAS Epoxy, as well, but there is not a local dealer of this brand. I also used the West System brand to build my first boat and had very good luck with it.
After laminating the stem together, I began to draw out the measurements for the keel parts on the plywood. I got about half of the keel pieces drawn out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment