Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thanks to Wichita Marine for Sponsoring My Vessel !


Got the mast and flag up! I have put in the Lexan windows, but took them back out when it got pretty warm.
Also was the lead boat in the Riverfest Flotilla back in May, which had a total of eight boats all lighted up with Christmas lights and stuff. . Not a great pic but one my son took with his cell phone.

Thanks for Wichita Marine for sponsoring my boat by donating the steering system. I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Todd. I've been reading your mini tug build for a while now and am about to embark on building the same one with my son. I had a question for you about the amount of epoxy you ended up using. what would be a good way to contact you about that?
    Thanks!
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross. I don't recall the exact amount but a six gallon kit would be good to start with. Then when you get close to finishing that you will know how much you need. I don't believe it was much more than that. It may be in my notes on the blog...

      Delete
  2. I Todd. I've really been enjoying your journal as I prepare for my perfect 10 build.
    I hope you may address a couple of questions;
    Do you think 1/2" would make the bends for the hull rather than a double layer of the 1/4"?
    Being that two sections of the hull (for both sides) could be made from one sheet thus requiring only one block or scarf joint per side- what was the reason for scarfing three pieces per side?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete