Sunday, July 8, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Day Out!








On July 6th, 2012, I took my daughter, Selena, out for the first time on the boat as she wasn't able to make it on the 4th for the launch.
We went to Cheney Lake, a lake about 25 miles west of Wichita, KS. It was quite windy at first but the winds slowly died down to a normal 15 mph or so and it was pretty nice. Most of the time we stayed on the south-west shore line area, but did venture completely across the lake once to check and see if one of my boys was at Mr. D's cove. But he wasn't and when we got there, I ran aground more than 100 yards from shore!! The cove and the entire lake is down more than 5 feet at this time! I quickly shut off the motor and got out and pushed the boat until I was at least waist deep before getting out of that cove.
We spent the day just hanging out on the boat with the breeze coming through, and it is SOOO great to have shade from the cabin when you are out there!
I also did a GPS speed check on the boat, but it was in pretty rough water and against the wind, and I clocked right at 27 mph. I am pretty sure it will do about 30 to 33 mph on smooth water and no wind after I get it trimmed out.

1 comment: