Sunday, July 8, 2012

One Man Vintage Boat Show!















On July 7th, 2012, Selena and I went to Kanopolis Lake, KS for a Vintage Boat Show. I was going to take my boat, but thought again and decided against it right before we left. I am glad we didn't take it.
It is about one and one-half hour drive each way, and when we got there, there was one guy with four of his boats he had either built or restored. He also builds model boats (Radio control) and had a couple of those there as well. Nobody else showed up to show their boats!
He (Darrell) was very talented and here are a few pictures of his stuff. He wanted me to help start a Wooden Boat Show in the Kansas area, but I don't know if I am up for that.
His boats were a 1959 Cutter Cruiser, a 1959 Lone Star El Dorado, a 1974 (?) Starcraft Del Rey and a wooden boat he built.
The models were a Chris Craft and I am not sure of the other one although it may be a Chris Craft too. The smaller model had an Evinrude model motor that actually ran! He also built a marina model that was totally cool. I should have taken more photos of his models and stuff. Unbelievable detail!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Darrell clearly loves boats! Building and restoring boats be pretty challenging, so it’s amazing how he was able to do all that. His love and passion for boats can definitely be seen in the quality of boats that he has worked on. You’re really lucky to know such a guy!

    ReplyDelete