Monday, February 21, 2011

Rear Seat Top Cut; Front Seat Boxes Epoxy Layered; Bottom Epoxied Up



Today, I completed the interior of the front seat boxes by adding another layer of epoxy to seal them after making sure that all taped areas were smooth.
I also cut out the rear seat top to size and planed the rear edge to match the transom, but I still haven't decided on how to cut out the hinged seat part. That problem is due to the engine I decide to use as well as if it is a long shaft or short shaft. I really want to use a long shaft, as the transom will not have to be cut down as much and I may not have to cut into the rear seat top. I will have to get the engine first before I can really decide how to do the rear seat.
I also applied another layer to the entire top of the bottom of the boat from the rear seat vertical to the front fence strengthener.
I hope to epoxy on the seat boxes to the bottom tomorrow!
6 hours

4 comments:

  1. The rear seat looks good. The hull sides should be going on soon :) do you plan on scarfing the hull panel together? I can't wait to see this thing finished!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I plan on scarfing the side pieces, and I should be getting ready to cut them out tonight or tomorrow and scarf them together in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan,
    Please read my other message a few days before. Some questions for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got your message today. I had to make a change on my profile for them to come through. I sent you off a couple pics of my fenders, one of the internals before i started knotting and one of the complete fender. I think the first one took about 3hrs due to starting over twice lol. The second and third went faster about 2hrs each. Let me know that you got my reply with photos attached.

    ReplyDelete