Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bottom Sanded Smooth



Early this morning (about 5:00 AM), I put on two more layers of epoxy to fill the fiberglass weave. This had time to cure while I was at work today with the extremely hot temperatures Wichita has been experiencing.
Tonight, I cut the edges of the fiberglass off and sanded the sides smooth. I also sanded down the entire fiberglassed area with 40 grit sandpaper disc on my electric 5" disc sander. You can tell it has been sanded enough with there is no shine left on the epoxy (cloudy appearance), as well as taking down any rough spots. You can also see where the two pieces of fiberglass came together, which is now sanded down to be as smooth as possible. I believe some of that area will be under the keel when finished. By the time it is complete there will be a few more layers of epoxy on all surfaces.
Next will be to attach this bottom to the keel.
3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment