Monday, August 23, 2010

Planing Doublers Epoxied To Bottom





Today, I epoxied the planing doublers to the bottom and clamped it down as well as adding weights on the areas I couldn't clamp. You never can have enough clamps!This doubler will make the back portion of the bottom 1". I also clamped a straight piece of 2x6 on the back of the planing surfaces to hopefully get them straight in-line with each other once they have cured.
I also semi-installed the U-bolt on the stem. I have to drill 1/2" holes for it to go through, and I started to installed it then take it back out, but it was getting damaged trying to get it back out. So, I will just add some epoxy to the threads later and push it all the way in and tighten the bolts. After I received this U-bolt, I thought it was way too big and I probably should have got the 3/8" version, but I couldn't find one long enough to go all the way through the stem. Oh well, it is installed now! Maybe I should have looked harder!
4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment