Monday, August 9, 2010

Bottom Scarfs Faired Second Time




Yesterday, I put on another layer of epoxy/wood flour/colloidal silica mixture to the scarfs and let that cure. Today, I sanded them down smooth, ready for fiberglassing the bottom.
I also cut out the back bottom of the boat to shape.

I was going to fiberglass the bottom tonight, but once I get started, it will take about three hours to get it down right and full of epoxy. It will take at least three, and maybe four, layers of epoxy to get it sealed good. I hope to do that tomorrow.

I also looked at the transom, getting ready to shape it before matching it up with the bottom, and found it really warped. I may have to build another one, as this will be really noticable if I installed it this way. I am not sure why this happened, as it was not warped when I removed it from the jig after it cured.

2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment