Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scarfs Cured and Bottom Ready to Cut Out





I removed all of the materials holding down the plywood on the scarffed areas and took a look at the scarfs after curing. Not as good as I would have liked, but not too bad for my first time. I learned a lesson to actually pin the two pieces together that are ready to be epoxied, as they WILL move. I noticed that after my first setup, but I also knew I had made the panel a little wider than needed, so everything will turn out ok. On the second one closer to the rear of the boat, I did pin them together before applying the plywood piece and all of the weight. It turned out real good.
These picture show the outline of the bottom of the boat and this is ready to be cut. There is also a closeup of the scarffed areas that will be faired in a day or two. They need to be smooth for the fiberglass that will be put on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment